Isle of Wight Council

Explosives Registration

    Also known as: Fireworks, Licence - Sell Explosives

    Service Description: Under the Explosives Act 1875 to 1976, Fireworks Act 1975 to 1976 and Keeping of Fireworks Order 1959 a licence is required to hold or sell fireworks in any premises. The local authority (often jointly with local fire services) inspect premises to ensure that safety conditions are met prior to issuing a licence.

    We can also provide guidance leaflets and materials for organisers of firework displays for the public, retailers selling fireworks, schools and the media, including the firework safety code.