Strategic Manager – Economy and Regeneration Programme Delivery
Are you a dynamic and enthusiastic leader ready to make a positive impact on the council and our unique Island communities? We have a fantastic opportunity for you to enhance your career in a new strategic delivery role.
The Isle of Wight Council is a vibrant and forward-thinking local authority committed to delivering excellence in public services. We take pride in maintaining and enhancing our Regeneration and Economic Development agenda to ensure the prosperity of the island and its residents.
As an Island community and holiday destination there are wonderful work life balance opportunities as well as unique challenges. Home to large areas of AONB and designated an UNESCO Biosphere reserve we offer great places to walk, run and cycle or to enjoy the coastal waters for swimming, sailing, surfing, and kayaking.
We welcome candidates who live on the Island, can relocate to the Island, or work flexibly and commute regularly via the transport gateways at Cowes, Ryde, or Yarmouth.
As our you will play a pivotal role in shaping the Regeneration and Economic Development agenda and the delivery of key projects and programmes.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading the delivery of key infrastructure projects and programmes.
• Managing budgets and resources efficiently to achieve council regeneration and economic development objectives.
• Collaborating with stakeholders, local communities, and government bodies to drive positive change.
At the Isle of Wight we value our employees and offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package.
• A flexible and inclusive working environment.
• Opportunities for professional development and growth.
• The chance to make a real difference in the community.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
• A relevant degree or substantial experience in a local authority management role.
• Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
• Proven experience in strategic planning, project management and delivery.
• Experience and understanding of working with local councillors, internal and external stakeholders to deliver shared outcomes.
• A working knowledge of delivering large scale public sector or public/private partnership scheme is essential as is the ability and flexibility to lead and support the relevant professional teams across the council.
If you're ready to drive our council and community forward, then we want to hear from you.
Apply now and be a part of a dynamic new team dedicated to building a brighter future for the Isle of Wight. Together, we can create a safer, more prosperous, and sustainable community
Join us on this exciting journey towards a better tomorrow. #LocalLeadership #CommunityFirst
When you join #TeamIWC you'll receive our staff benefits package, including:
- Annual leave entitlement of 32 days p/a PLUS public holidays!
- Local Government pension scheme
- Discounted Solent ferry travel
- Island bus network discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Staff parking permit scheme
- Discounted island sports & leisure gym membership
- National and local discounts & benefits schemes
A relocation scheme of up to £8,000 may be available to new employees specifically relocating to the Isle of Wight to take up a role with us. If you choose to commute to the Isle of Wight daily, you may be eligible get your travel costs reimbursed. Further details are available upon request.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council’s Terms & Conditions of employment are available upon request. Please contact our recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a copy.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, who is proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.