Contract Type: Fixed Term (12 Months Fixed Term in the first instance)
Hours: TBC per week (Non-Class Based 4 days a week)
Nine Acres Primary School ‘Striving for Excellence’
Could you be the new SENCO for Team Nine Acres?
Start Date: April 2024 or sooner!
‘Pupils make exceptional progress in this compassionate and determined school’ Ofsted, May 2023
Our community is proud of our school and our children enjoy learning here every day. We couldn’t do what we do without our enthusiastic and committed staff and are looking to expand through the appointment of an outstanding teacher and experienced SENCO to join our Inclusion team, which will be overseen by our Assistant Headteacher, Miss Paddon.
You will play a vital role in supporting pupils, staff and families to ‘Strive for Excellence’.
Successful candidates will:
- Be an outstanding teacher
- Be passionate and an advocate for inclusion
- Be fully committed to every child making the best possible progress in all areas of the curriculum, no matter their starting point
- Be an experienced SENCO and bring substantial knowledge to the role
- Have the SENCO qualification and are currently or recently been working as a SENCO
- Be skilled in identifying needs and able to provide effective support to children, staff and parents
- Have the ability to plan and evaluate interventions
- Possess good data analysis skills, and the ability to use data to inform provision planning
- Promote best practice within the school and enrich provision through CPD
- Have the ability to lead on the securing of EHCPs, map provision and ensure relevant interventions are in place
- Effectively review and monitor provision for children and its impact on outcomes
- Be passionate about children’s wellbeing
- Have excellent communication skills and be innovative in this approach
We will offer you:
- Enthusiastic and engaged children
- A supportive parent community
- A commitment to your professional development
- A purposeful, supportive and lively work environment
- A strong safeguarding culture where pupils feels safe and are ready to learn
Why not come and see for yourself! Visits to the school are encouraged and most welcome; please contact the school office to arrange an appointment with our Headteacher, Mrs Dyer.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. We will be conducting online social media searches as part of our shortlisting process.
For further information, please contact Miss C. Buckett (Office Manager), or visit our School’s website to download an application pack: www.nineacrespri.iow.sch.uk
The School reserves the right to interview early for the right candidate.
Tel: 01983 522984
PLEASE NOTE: Not all school staff are employed directly by the Isle of Wight Council, you can ask on application who the employer for this role will be.
Find out more about working for the Isle of Wight Council and living on the Island here.
The Isle of Wight Council protects its employees from discrimination and this is supported by the Unacceptable Behaviour Policy, Employee Code of Conduct and Behaviours Framework. We actively promote the diversity of our workforce and we provide flexible working options (where appropriate) to support the different needs of our employees.
The Isle of Wight Council’s Terms & Conditions of employment are available upon request. Please contact our recruitment team via firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive a copy.
The Isle of Wight Council is an equal opportunities employer, proud to encourage applications from all cultures, backgrounds and abilities to better reflect the diversity within our local community. In addition to this, we are also a Disability Confident Employer. Along with a number of other areas of commitments, this means that providing you meet the basic essential requirements of the advertised role and have declared yourself as disabled, you will be offered an opportunity for an interview within the council.
This role falls within the strategic partnership between the Isle of Wight Council and Hampshire County Council. The employer will be the Isle of Wight Council and employment is on Isle of Wight terms and conditions. Hampshire County Council has delivered, on behalf of the Isle of Wight Council, all of its children’s services functions and will continue to do so until 2023. The original five-year partnership arrangement under direction of the Secretary of State finished in 2018 but has been extended voluntarily by both local authorities for a further five years.
The management reporting line for this role is ultimately through Hampshire County Council Children’s Services Director/Assistant Director and managers who take operational responsibility for children’s services.
This council and its schools recruit according to the council’s Recruitment, Policy and Procedure and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing Date: 12 December 2023
Interview Date: 19 December 2023