Isle of Wight Council

Septic Tanks Certificates (not emptying of)

    Also known as: Cess Pits, Small Sewage Treatment Plants

    Service Description: Septic tanks and sewage treatment systems, may require a Licence to Discharge- for information on this contact the Environment Agency on 08708 506506.
    New installations may need Building Regulation Approval and possibly Planning Consent- contact appropriate dept.
    If the enquirer wants advice on the condition or the emptying of the septic tank they should contact a private contractor.
    If the issue is with regard a nuisance due a malfunctioning septic tank, or an escape of sewage- contact the Housing Renewal Section